A leading paints major approached us to help evolve their fashion colour palette for the forthcoming year. This would guide their entire colour projection for the next year. We formed a core team with their core marketing and their in house architect/ interior designer experts and followed a phased pattern involving the following:
- A colour scan based on cross category use of colour in décor, to arrive at the trending colours across the country, analysed against the backdrop of culture
- Involvement of leading Sociologists, Design experts, Film Designers, etc. to help interpret and ratify emerging themes, evolving them further
- A consumer scan of homes of select Lead Consumers to arrive at trends from the consumer perspective
- Analysis and presentation of themes to the internal team who then used these to evolve these further using the research inputs
- Creative workshop involving leading experts to ratify the themes and create mood boards that helped their creative expression
This process led to the evolution of the Fashion Colours for the year, a study where we worked very closely with the client team.